Tastiest Grilled Lemon Chicken
Grilled Lemon Chicken has a sweet, tangy and tasty marinade that will tease your taste buds and leave you hungering for more. Its delicious marinade can be used as a dipping sauce for your chicken and shrimp tenders.
Best served with rolls or fried rice
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
1/4 tsp salt Freshly ground black pepper, to taste or 4 pimento seeds crushed
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon shallots, chopped
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1. Rinse the chicken breasts under cold running water and pat dry. Use a knife to make a few slight, crosswise cuts in each breast to allow the marinade to penetrate.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt, black pepper, zest, sugar and shallots. Reserve 3 -4 tablespoons to use as a basting sauce.
3. Place chicken in marinade and turn until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour.
4. Remove chicken from refrigerator, discard any excess marinade. Preheat the grill. Lay the chicken breasts flat on the cooking surface. Grill chicken over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes on each side, or until thoroughly cooked, basting frequently for first 5 minutes. Discard any remaining marinade.
1. Cut chicken breasts into bite sizes and apply the same marinade. Use a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray over medium high heat.
2. Cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked. Baste with marinade when chicken is turned.
Served each chicken breasts topped with slices of lemon.
Return from Grilled Lemon Chicken to Best Grilled Chicken Recipes